Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Album Review

So, I received the Sentimental Journey CD, through One 2 One Network and I really am impressed. I was on the fence about this album, from the start. Knowing that Emmy Rossum was an actress, got me wondering if she was another wanna-be. However, I think her voice is great and her song choices were, for the most part, spot on.

There were some songs that were a little slow...meaning that they just didn't have the flair to hold my attention for long. However, some were excellent.

The first track is a true classic - the title track. It was a little slow, but I love the fact that they went with original harmonies. I loved singing along.

Didn't really care for the next two tracks, sounding a little too Broadway.
But, I loved "These Foolish Things." - great arrangement - great voice. I was impressed with this one.

The album continues in the same vein and I really enjoy the waltz back through time. I have always harbored a love for early 20th century music and this really satisfies.

The song that I was most expectant of and most disappointing was "Autumn Leaves." I really wanted a much more soft, sad and romantic feel - rather then the French version she chose.

And, lastly, I didn't care for the last track. I thought the album should have ended on a more wistful note.

All in all, it was a good try for Emmy Rossum.

No comments:

Post a Comment